Tuesday, May 12, 2015

No-bake peanut butter cheesecake pie

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pie 
Having a farm, a family and a business on the homestead allows me to do one of my favorite things everyday! Cook !! I sometimes like to post food on my FB page and sometimes on Instagram with the hashtag #foodie.  I love food and I love to cook and bake !  

Recently, I was asked to share my recipe for my peanut butter no-bake cheesecake.  This is a delicious, decadent dessert that is great for warmer weather so that you do not have to heat up the kitchen with your oven.  It is also great in cold weather months as well.  

This recipe is not low-fat, it is not gluten or sugar or dairy free....it is just yummy, easy and satisfying.  

I always have the ingredients on hand and can throw this together in no-time when I know company is coming over. 

FYI - you will need a mixer (hand or stand) or a food processor to make the pie filling.  You cannot do this by hand unless you have arms of steel. 

Prep Time - 10 minutes
Bake Time - None 

Crust - 
I use a prepared graham cracker crust (9 oz), but you can make your own. Yes, I know, it is easy to make a crust and since I have a food processor and stand mixer, it would be a piece of cake (pun intended), and  I normally do things from scratch, but this recipe is all about quick, fun and decadent! 

Pie Filling - 
8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
1 cup smooth peanut butter - room temperature
1 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar 
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip Whipped Topping- thawed

  • Whip together the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.  I just turn on my stand mixer to medium and let it rip for 2 minutes, wipe the bowl down and let it go for another 2 minutes.  You cannot over whip this, but you can under whip.  The more you mix, the lighter and fluffier the pie will be. 
  • After wiping down the bowl again, slowly incorporate the confectioners sugar on a slow speed.  I say slowly, because if you don't you will have a snow cloud all over your countertop.  Once fully incorporated, mix again on medium for a minute or so. 
  • Take the bowl off the mixer and fold in the whipped topping by hand with a spatula. 


Chocolate topping - 
1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate (like Ghiardelli - do not use semi-sweet) 
2 tsp solid vegetable shortening (I use Crisco) 

  • You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate or a microwave.  Again, for me, because this recipe is all about quick and easy, I use the microwave at 15 second intervals, remove and stir until perfectly melted. 
  • Once melted, drizzle the chocolate over the pie filling in a sort of design, do not do a solid surface as the filling is soft and when you go to take a forkful, the pie will smoosh. 
  • Put pie in refrigerator for at least an hour. 
Voila - easy, peasy and so good. 

Enjoy! 



You can experiment with other "butters".  Almond, cashew, Nutella.  I haven't tried them, but I am sure they will be equally yummy ! 

Now off I go to spin :) 

If you make this, let me know how yours turns out. 






No comments: