Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gradient Dyeing

So my latest obsession is gradient dyeing fiber!  I think it is so cool what you can produce!  I try to do tonal colors (meaning one main color) and vary the amount of time it is in the dye bath.  I think it produces dramatic effects that are so much fun to spin. 

The following pics are all dyed on 100% Falkland Wool Top 56s which is a next to skin soft 26 microns.  They can be dyed on any top or roving (wool, alpaca, silk etc), but Falkland is such an easy and soft fiber to work with and I have a ton of it :)

Right now they are for sale in my Etsy Shop only, but will be on the main website soon . . . . so far I have played with blues, pinks and purples. . . my next venture is into greens and oranges for the upcoming "harvest fest" . 

What do you think?

Singin' the blues™

Bubblegum Blush™

Bubblegum Blush™

Caribbean Waters™


Caribbean Waters™


No comments: